Unit Owner Couldn’t Request Money Damages for Unpaid Fine
Facts: After a fire due to clogged dryer vents damaged a member’s unit, the other members in a condominium building were required to provide proof, in the form of a receipt from a cleaning company, that their dryer vents and ductwork had been cleaned. A unit owner had documentation that she had complied with the requirement, but she didn’t submit the receipt to the association before the announced deadline.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »