Six Guidelines to Prevent Fraud, Embezzlement
Recent news stories of association fund thefts by board members or management companies may be causing concern in your community. In Colorado, the owner of an association's management company recently turned himself in to police for embezzling association money. At one time, he was the association's board president, and while he was in office, he started a management company to handle the association's management duties. Local police say that over a period of six years, the board president embezzled $42,819.46 in dues from the association.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »