Reduce Condo Trash Collection Costs with a Recycling Program
Communities that have successfully engaged members in recycling often find savings in their waste management costs. In San Diego, for example, the average cost of a trash pickup is $21.50 per Dumpster, while it costs only $10.50 to pick up a recycling Dumpster. If a condo community with 10 trash Dumpsters serviced three times a week replaced five of the trash Dumpsters with recycling Dumpsters, the waste disposal bill would decrease by $165 per week, which comes out to an annual savings of approximately $8,750.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »