New FHA Loan Guidelines “Step in Right Direction”
Community Associations Institute (CAI) recently commended the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) for issuing new guidelines that will provide more opportunities for homebuyers and sellers and greater stability for condominium communities. CAI has pressed FHA to revise rules that determine if a condominium community meets certain guidelines that enable buyers to obtain FHA-insured mortgage loans. FHA is the only source of low down payment mortgages that many borrowers use to become first-time homeowners. For many Americans, condos are often the first step in homeownership.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Member Log In
Need to Renew Your Membership?
If your membership has expired and you wish to renew, visit the Membership Renewal Page.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »