Manager Couldn’t Refuse to Accept Delinquent Payments
Facts: A homeowner owed $150 in past-due fees to the association. The association sent her a bill for over $1,000. It then pursued a homeowners’ association foreclosure sale. The homeowner sued the association and its management company for wrongful foreclosure, bid rigging, and unfair debt collection practices, among other claims. The association and the management company each asked the trial court to dismiss the claims.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »