INSIDER’s Pop Quiz!
Q: Our community allows pets, as long as they’re 25 pounds or less. A resident requests a reasonable accommodation to keep his large dog as an assistance animal and submits documentation to show that he has a disability and that the dog provides emotional support to alleviate the symptoms of his disability. Although his dog is larger than allowed under our pet policy, could we face a discrimination claim if we deny his request to keep it?
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »