Inform Member that Assessment Payment and Grievances Are Independent Issues
Association members have agreed to abide by governing documents, which provide for payment of assessments that the association relies on to run the condominium building or community. But a member might feel like this gives him leverage when he’s upset. That is, by withholding his monthly assessment because of a grievance he can force the association’s hand in rectifying it. But grievances don’t change the fact that the association must pay bills, management fees, and the cost of other services that keep things up and running.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »