HOA’s Medical Marijuana Ban Up in Smoke
An Arizona HOA board has succumbed to pressure from owners in the community to reverse its ban on residents smoking medical marijuana in their yards and on their patios. The HOA board had voted to ban the use of medical marijuana in those areas, prompting residents to accuse the board of overstepping its bounds. A petition to rescind the ban had been circulated by several homeowners, many of whom cited their personal freedom as one of many reasons that they were outraged.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Member Log In
Need to Renew Your Membership?
If your membership has expired and you wish to renew, visit the Membership Renewal Page.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »