HOA Bookkeeper Diverted $95K for Personal Use
A Florida homeowners association manager called police after discovering that the community’s bookkeeper allegedly used nearly $95,000 of the association’s money for personal expenses, including a diamond engagement ring and luxury handbags. The employee was arrested for larceny and fraud. The missing money was discovered after the association’s property manager reviewed the association’s credit card bills and saw charges for personal types of products and services.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »