Further Trial Needed for Condo Maintenance Lawsuit
Facts: After a member purchased a terrace-level condominium, he discovered drainage problems on his terrace that eventually caused mold and water damage to his condominium. The terrace-level condominiums in the community are surrounded on three sides by a wrap-around balcony. The initial damage from faulty drainage was further exacerbated by two hurricanes. The member sued the association, and the association asked the court to dismiss the lawsuit because the member's complaint technically failed to state a claim.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »