Florida Adopts New HOA and Condo Laws
New legislation in Florida, effective July 1, will have a major impact on both condominium and homeowners associations within the state. The legislation will primarily affect procedural and operational issues of the associations. Cooperative associations were, as they have been in the past, excluded from the bill.
The law, House Bill 1195, will amend current laws concerning owner privacy rights, employee salary information, and closed board meetings, among other things.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »