Don’t Refuse to Accept Delinquent Payments
Unfortunately, you’ll sometimes have to determine how to handle a situation where a member is delinquent in paying assessments or other fees or charges from the association you manage. Tread lightly in this situation. There can be major ramifications from—and even penalties for—associations that are deemed to be acting as a “debt collector” while trying to recoup what the member owes. And if a member is trying to pay delinquent fees, you should also find out how you can work with him to pay down the balance.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »