Board Had Broad Powers to Adopt Rent Restriction Rules
Facts: Several planned community absentee members who rented their homes to short-term vacationers sued the association over an annual fee imposed on owners who rented their homes and a mandatory garbage collection fee adopted by the board of directors. The association filed a cross-claim against the owners. A trial court ruled in favor of the association. The owners appealed.
Decision: A California appeals court upheld the trial court’s decision in favor of the association.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »