Avoid Falling Victim to Oil-Shorting Scams
If your condominium building uses heating oil as a fuel for furnaces or boilers, you should take steps to ensure that you aren’t paying for more oil than is being delivered to the building. Don’t fall prey to an unscrupulous oil company that might try to trick you or your management company about the amount of fuel that’s delivered to the building. A New York City commission recently found widespread heating oil fraud, with nine companies and 44 individuals indicted on multiple felony counts.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »