Association Must Follow Mortgage Foreclosure Rules
Facts: A condominium building association attempted to foreclose on two liens against a unit in the building. The liens were for unpaid common area charges. The unit owner asserted that the association was required to comply with a state property law, which requires that this type of action be carried out in the same manner as an action to foreclose on a mortgage. That is, a notice must be served with the summons and complaint.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »