Association Lien Superior to Tax Lien Before Recorded Date
Facts: A member became delinquent on his assessment payments to the condo association starting in November 2008. The member had also failed to pay federal income tax, and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assessed his tax obligation on March 17, 2008. The IRS didn't record a notice of federal tax lien until January 2009. And during this time, the member remained delinquent on his association assessments.
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »