Age-Restriction Rules Challenge Set for Trial
A member of Bayside Estates, an age-restricted community in south Fort Myers, Fla., won't give up his right to let family, friends, and employees younger than 55 years old stay at his house. The community's homeowners association is just as determined to clamp down on the 76-year-old homeowner. In a letter to the member in 2008, the then-association president wrote that without rules there is “anarchy and disorder.”
The resource you requested is available only to current members.
Please log in or start your membership account.
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now.
Community Association Management Insider helps community association managers keep their co-ops, condominiums, and homeowner’s associations running effectively and within budget — and all in the bounds of state, local, and federal law, as well as their governing documents.
Click here for quick FREE trial sign-up.
As a member, you get:
- Model tools, such as letters to members, bylaws, and contractor agreements
- Step-by-step management techniques
- Updates on new laws and court cases that impact you
- Easy-to-implement solutions to managers' thorniest challenges.
Community Association Management Insider will show you how to:
- Avoid liability and get indemnity
- Effectively and economically manage maintenance and repairs
- Get better deals from contractors
- Get the right insurance coverage
- And much, much more
Sign up for your free trial membership and access this resource now »