Determining 'Special Employee' Status for Association Employee's Recovery

July 7, 2017
| Share | Print

Q: I manage a community association through a property management company. The association itself has some employees—namely, a superintendent for repairs—but I am the person who controls his workload. The employee had an accident on the property and filed a workers’ compensation claim. He’s also trying to sue the association and the management company for a second recovery. I was under the impression that there couldn’t be a double recovery for an injury in this type of case.

Full Article Access:

Full access to articles from Community Association Management Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?